1848 - 1866 (~ 18 years)
|1. ||David Buckby was born Circa 1848, Cranford St Andrew, Northamptonshire ; was christened 14 May 1848, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire (son of John Buckby and Mary Wood); died 1866, Brisbane, Qld. |
|2. ||John Buckby was born Circa 1805 (son of John Buckby and Mary Buckby); died 1866, Eagle Farm, Brisbane, Qld. |
- History: 1860, History of Bald Hills, Qld; History mentions Buckbys building the first house, John Buckby died 1866, his sons instructed to sell the farm, later they became publicans.
Also mentions the Carseldine family.
- Sale: 1867, Bald Hills, Qld; By Order of the Trustees.
For Sale by Public Auction (if not disposed of
by Private Sale.)
J. & G. BUCKBY'B FARM,
Comprising 133 ACRES, divided into Eight
Paddocks, and being without one swgle ex
ception the Most Valuable Farm for Agri
cultural Purposes on the whole of the
To be sold in consequence of the death of Mr.
ARTHUR MARTIN has been favored with
instructions from the Trustees of the
late Mr. Buckby, senior, to sell by public auc
tion (if not previously disposed of by private
sale), on MONDAY, April 1, at the City Auc
tion Mart, at 11 o'clock,
All those Pieces of LAND situate in the
County of Stanley, Parish of Nundah,
being Portion No. 30, and part of Por
tion 98, containing in the aggregate
be the same a little more or less.
This admirable Farm is divided into
Ten Acres of the Land being under Crop (prin
cipally Maize), and about Thirty Acres cleared.
contains Six Booms of moderate size, with
necessary out-offices, Ac., Ac. There are two
Barns for storing the crops, together with Cart
Sheds, Stables, Pigrtye, Stockyard, Milking
Sheds, Calves Pen, a large Tank in ground, 6
feet deep. 10 feet wide, and 12 feet long, Ac, Ac.
contains about Half-an-Acre, and is planted
with Orange, Peach, Loquat, and every variety
of Fruit Trees, Bananas, Cereals, Ac, Ac.
This splendid Farm is acknowledged by all
who know it to be the
PICE OF THE BALD HILLS, '
and the public may feel assured that nothing
but the death of one of the owners would have '
induced the family to place so valuable a Pro
perty in the market.
The Land is of the richest alluvial descrip
tion, and adapted for the growth of Sugar, Cot
ton, Arrowroot, and, in fact, every variety of
crop which the climate of Queensland is calcu
lated to foster and mature.
Let all desirous of entering upon the occupa
tion of farming inspect the above, when they
will be able to decide for themselves as to
whether it is or is not the
CREAM OF THE BALD HILLS.
Terms at sale.
Title under the New Act.
John married Mary Wood 20 Mar 1826, Finedon, Northamptonshire . [Group Sheet]
|3. ||Mary Wood|
- Richard Buckby was born Circa 1827, Cranford St Andrew, Northamptonshire; was christened 21 Oct 1827, Cranford St Andrew, Northamptonshire .
- George Buckby was born Circa 1829, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire ; was christened 28 Jun 1829, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire ; died 12 Jan 1886, Four Mile Creek, Gympie Road, Moreton District, Qld.
- James Buckby was born Circa 1831, Cranford, St John, Northamptonshire ; was christened 25 Dec 1831, Cranford, St John, Northamptonshire ; died 8 Sep 1893, Union Street, Stratton, Qld.
- William Buckby was born Circa 1833, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire; was christened 3 Nov 1833, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire .
- Caroline Buckby was born Circa 1836, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire; was christened 7 Feb 1836, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire .
- John Buckby was born Circa 1838, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire ; was christened 7 Jan 1838, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire ; died 1874, Brisbane Qld.
- Hannah Buckby was born Circa 1840, Cranford St Andrew, Northamptonshire ; was christened 5 Jan 1840, Cranford St Andrew, Northamptonshire .
- Mary Wood Buckby was born 7 Jan 1843, Cranford, St. Andrews, Northamptonshire, England; was christened 24 Jun 1843, Cranford, St. John, Northamptonshire, England; died 21 Jan 1922, Eltonlea, Ridge Street, Northgate Junction, Qld; was buried Lutwyche Cemetery, Brisbane, Qld.
- 1. David Buckby was born Circa 1848, Cranford St Andrew, Northamptonshire ; was christened 14 May 1848, Cranford St John, Northamptonshire ; died 1866, Brisbane, Qld.